Ultimate Goal - Overview
ZigZag Productions, BT Sport and Insight TV are giving 28 young women from all over Europe the chance to live and train as professional footballers.
They will develop their skills with world class coaches at our female football academy which will be led by Eni Aluko and Rachel Brown-Finns at the home of England Football – St George’s Park.
Former and present Superstars of the game and world leading football experts will give the players unique masterclasses, guidance and mentorship that will stay with them forever.
Then, at the end of the process, they’ll have to dig even deeper, playing an 11-a-side match against top class opposition in front of dozens of scouts from all over the world.
For those that shine brightest, a chance in the professional game awaits...
- Across this compelling series we’ll capture all the highs and lows, the successes and failures, as 28 young women fight to become future stars of women’s football.
- We’ll see all the human stories tracked across the series, depicting the remarkable development of our players.
- We’ll capture in-depth stories of the players as they embark on a transformative and potentially life changing journey and we’ll tackle issues that these women have faced and overcome in their lives.
- Along the way we’ll gain an incredible insight into how the process is unravelling through candid and insightful interviews with experts – former players, coaches and other influential people from the world of football.
- Retired and current Superstar players will deliver coaching masterclasses and mentorship to provide essential guidance and exciting takeaway tips and tricks.
- Ultimately, we’ll capture all the tension and excitement as the academy hopefuls play the matches of their lives in an attempt to catch the eye of a professional scout!